The price is inclusive of shipping, & floral yet delicate. This is made from selected Indonesian Sandalwood (see picture) is currently in serious shortage and very expensive and considered to have the highest quality. If you want the finest sandalwood oil for someone special or for use during special occassions, this is it.Thi is 12 grams/ml of AGED Wild Royal Indonesia Finest Sandalwood Oil. 12 grams/ml of oil will be filled into 12ml glass bottle. The oil is thick, yellowish and it has scents that is woody, sweet
Sandalwood oil shows potential for many applications including:
1. Fungal infection, such as tinea (athlete's foot and ringworm) and Candida.
2. Sunburn, dry skin, etc.
3. Bacterial skin infection, including impetigo, acne and folliculitis.
4. Upper respiratory tract infection
5. Inflammatory symptoms from psoriasis, menstrual cramp, arthritis etc.
6. Personal hygiene products
7. Sanitary products
Sandalwood is yielded by trees in the , which are often used for the it contains. The wood is heavy and yellow in color as well as fine-grained, and unlike many other aromatic woods it retains its fragrance for decades. The sandalwood fragrance is very distinctive and is used in countless applications. Sandalwood has been valued and treasured for many years for its fragrance, carving, medical and religious qualities.
The scenst of this sandalwood is so excellent that some prefer this to Mysore or Tamil Nadu. And the jungle of Papua New Gunea is too dangerous to be explored and therefore, this sandalwood is very rare. It has scents that is woody, sweet & floral yet delicate. Sandalwood is currently in serious shortage and very expensive and considered to have the highest quality.
Sandalwood is highly sought after for its sensual aphrodisiac qualities, as a relaxing d\sedative and its antiseptic puritying powers. The most important uses of sandalwood are to sedate the nervous system, subduing nervousness, anxiety and insomnia. Researches found that it relaxes brain waves & increases the productionof white blood cells to help the body rid itself of infection.Sandalwood is a well known aphrodisiac that reduces fears & makes an individual both physically & emotionally more open to a physical relationship.
Sandalwood is also considered in to bring one closer with the divine. Sandalwood , which is very expensive in its pure form, is used primarily for purposes, and treating . (source: Wikipedia Free Encyclopedia's)
The genuine sandalwoods are medium-sized hemiparasitic trees of the genus Santalum. The most notable members of this group are Indian sandalwood () and Australian/Papua New Gunea sandalwood (). Several other members of the genus species also have fragrant wood and are found across , , , and the .
- , or Indian sandalwood, is currently a threatened species and consequently very expensive. It is indigenous to South India, and grows in the and a few other mountain ranges like the and Hills. Although all sandalwood trees in India and Nepal are government-owned and their harvest is strictly controlled, many trees are illegally cut down and smuggled out of the country. Sandalwood essential oil prices have risen up to $1,000–1,500 per kg in the last 5 years. Some countries regard the sandal oil trade as ecologically harmful because it encourages the of sandalwood trees. Sandalwood from the region of (formerly ), is widely considered to be of the highest quality available. New have been set up with in in order to gain the economic benefits of sandalwood production. Today, in in Western Australia, Indian sandalwood (Santalum album) is being grown on a very large scale. Huge plantations surround this picturesque little town.
- , , and , the sandalwoods (?iliahi), were also used and considered of high quality. These three species were intensively exploited for only a brief period (approximately 1790–1825) before the supply of trees ran out. Although S. freycinetianum and S. paniculatum are relatively common today, they have never regained their former abundance or size, and S. ellipticum remains rare.
- (Australian sandalwood) is used by some and perfumers. The concentration of constituent chemicals in its essential oil – hence, its aroma – differs considerably from those of other Santalum species. In the 1840s, sandalwood was Western Australia’s biggest export earner. Oil was distilled for the first time in 1875, and by the turn of the century there was intermittent production of Australian sandalwood oil.
Producing commercially valuable sandalwood with high levels of , requires Santalum trees to be around eight years of age as a minimum, but a preference of fourteen years and above is present. Australia is now the largest producer of Santalum album with a majority being grown around , Western Australia.
Unlike most trees, sandalwood is harvested by toppling the entire tree instead of sawing them down at the trunk. This way, valuable wood from the stump and root can also be sold or processed for oil.
provides perfumes with a striking wood base . Sandalwood smells somewhat like other wood scents, except it has a bright and fresh edge with few natural analogues. When used in smaller proportions in a , it is an excellent to enhance the head space of other fragrances.
The oil from sandalwood is widely used in the cosmetic industry and is expensive. The true sandalwood is a protected species, and demand for it cannot be met in full. Many species of plants are traded under the name of "sandalwood". Within the genus Santalum alone, there are more than nineteen species that can be called sandalwood. Traders will often accept oil from closely related species, such as various species in the genus Santalum, as well as from unrelated plants such as West Indian Sandalwood ( ) in the family .
Sandalwood paste is integral to rituals and ceremonies, to mark religious utensils and to decorate the icons of the deities. It is also distributed thereafter to devotees, who apply it to the forehead or the neck and chest. Preparation of the paste is considered a duty fit only for the pure, and is therefore entrusted in temples and during ceremonies only to .
The paste is prepared by grinding pieces of the wood by hand upon granite slabs shaped for the purpose. With slow addition of water a thick paste results, which is mixed with or other such pigments to make Chandan.
Sandalwood is considered in to bring one closer to the divine. Sandalwood , which is very expensive in its pure form, is used primarily for purposes and treating .
Sandalwood is considered to be of the padma () group and attributed to . Sandalwood scent is believed to transform one's desires and maintain a person's alertness while in . Sandalwood is also one of the more popular scents used for used when offering incense to the Buddha.
Chinese and Japanese Religions
Sandalwood, along with , is the most commonly used incense material by the and in worship and various ceremonies. It is also used extensively in , religiously or otherwise.
It is said to have been used for embalming the corpses of princes in (now ) from the 9th century.
offer sandalwood twigs to the who offer the sandalwood to the which keep the fire burning. Sandalwood is offered to all of the in the , including the . Sandalwood is not offered to the divo, a homemade lamp. Often, money is offered to the along with the sandalwood. Sandalwood is called sukhar in the The sandalwood in the fire temple is often more expensive to buy than at a Zoroastrian store. It is often a for the fire temple.
Sandalwood essential oil was popular in medicine up to 1920-1930, mostly as an urogenital (internal) and skin (external) antiseptic. Its main component (~90%) has properties. It is used in and to prepare . Due to this antimicrobial activity, it can be used to clear skin from blackheads and spots, but it must always be properly diluted with a carrier oil. Because of its strength, should never be applied to the skin without being diluted in a carrier oil.
We are a wholeseller for Aloeswood / AGarwood/ Oud oil, chips, dusts, big pieces, sandalwood chips, oil, dust, Exotic Kuk Prayer Beads, Mysore Double super & super Sandalwood oil, Ambergris, Frankincense from Oman etc. You can visit our web site at too. But most items are found in this ebay store. TQ
The price is inclusive of a 9 to 12 days delivery of standard air mail to anywhere in the world. We are a wholeseller for Aloeswood / AGarwood/ Oud oil, chips, dusts, big pieces, sandalwood chips, oil, dust, Meditation/prayer beads, Sandalwood oil, Ambergris, Frankincense from Oman etc. TQ